I’m sure most of us pick up a box of hummus during our weekly shop, but have you ever thought about making it? Hummus is a thick spread made from chick peas that originated from the Middle East and has now made it’s way into our fridges. It is delicious and perfect for snacking, sandwiches and crudités!
Learn how to make a delicious beetroot hummus that is guaranteed to be a hit no matter who you share it with!
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 2 and 1/2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons of tahini
- pinch of salt
- 60ml of olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 cooked beetroot (chopped)
- Drain & wash the chick peas before putting them in the food processor
- Add the garlic, tahini, salt, lemon juice, olive oil and beetroot
- Blend until smooth
If needs be feel free to add a little water, but go slow as this could easily turn too soupy!
- Add cumin & paprika
- Blend thoroughly
- Drizzle some olive oil over the top once plated
Once finished you should have a beautiful pink version of the classic hummus! We recommend enjoying this with sliced vegetables or seed crackers. The best think about this recipe is that you can store it in the fridge for a few days (if you don’t eat it all at once..!)